Monday, March 18, 2013

Sims and The Real World

So as of late January, I have been unemployed. It sucks because I money supply is low, but I have been applying like crazy and had two great interviews last week - which I hope was great - anyways what I have been doing with my time is playing Sims 3 and for those who play and love the game know that I have tried to stop playing to do more productive things, but I can't...and really don't want to...ahhhh this game is 'the business'.

I've been playing this game since the very first one came out back in the late 90s or 00s, but when I was at my previous job I never had the time to play it and that was over a year. Now I'm back to playing it and regret it because that's all I wanna do hahaha.

For the people who were teens or kids in the 90s, do you remember that game "Oregon Trail"? Well for those who never played Sims and know what I'm talking about, it's sort of like that. Basically the goal of the game is to keep them alive (duh) and most importantly fulfill their lifetime goals and wants. And playing this game made me realize that the same effort I put in to get these damn sims the level in the career track they desire; I should be applying this to MY life, working day-and-night so they can prosper, be comfortable, and die fulfilled. I worry sometimes that this want happen for me.

One thing I will admit now is that yes, I am lazy, but there are reasons I am. My childhood wasn't really a childhood and I didn't have fun as a teen either, I had to make a lot of personal sacrifices well into my early 20s (present) so in a sense I deserve to be lazy goddammit, in my mind things should be coming to me, not me to them, but I know truthfully that it won't #lifeblows.

Anyways I'm in temporary slump now, and that's what Sims are for hahahaha....for now :-).

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment