Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Aristotle Said, "A Friend To All Is A Friend To None"

That quote couldn't be more true. I'm very weary of people who have 'many' friends; it isn't possible. I have quite a few and it's draining in it's own way so I can't imagine having many. Friendships are relationships that need nourishing, it's a garden the way I see it and not one person alone can take care of a big ass garden!

There are only 10 people I call my friends. 4 out of that 10 I consider my close friends and only 1 is my best friend. I have had friends that had many friends and they weren't good friends

Obviously I'm writing this post for a reason. I lost a few friends these past 2 years that I considered to be very close with, but when certain situations arisen, they didn't come through and it was a deep loss. I never thought losing a friend would hurt so much because I never really lost a friend out of the blue. You have friends that time and distance gets in between, but this wasn't the case. 

It definitely makes you re-evaluate everything and reflect, however makes you stronger and appreciate the friends that you do have and be more grateful. One of the people I consider a close friend of mine once told me that he was sad because he only has two people he can really call a friend. I told him to count his blessings because there're people who hang out with an abundance of friends and none they can really lean on. 

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." - George Washington





No comments:

Post a Comment